Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bonchon: I ♥

One blessed Sunday, my adventure buddy and I decided to dine in Bonchon in Trinoma after a long day of shopping and strolling. People have been talking about it for a long time and I thought I'd give it a try since I also love spicy and flavorful foods. Even though my buddy has a slight allergy to chicken she was willing to try it with me. The place is small but I love the restaurant's interior. It's full of ads about South Korea's famous chicken chain and how fast it has spread worldwide.

Affordable I must say. I was surprised to see that the prices on their menu only range from P100-P150 per meal. I noticed that there are also big boxes (much like the bucket meal in KFC) which is best for big groups. Those come in a different price range as well. A number of Korean dishes are also on the menu.

I decided to order the 2-pc thigh ricebox meal - both spicy. It comes with a free regular-sized iced tea for only P145. I also ordered an extra rice for P15. My friend ordered a 2-pc drumsticks ricebox meal with a mix of spicy and soy garlic flavor. All of their ricebox meals come with a free drink. Happy with the service, dinner is served in less than 10 minutes.





The chicken is crisp, less greasy and evenly cooked. I prefer the spicy one though over soy garlic. The serving size is just like the typical chicken in our local food chains but it's more than enough to satisfy my hunger. I noticed that there is no sauce available except for the spicy mayo that you have to order for a separate fee, but for me it doesn't need one as the chicken itself is already bursting with flavor. 

Overall, I had a fun first time experience. I'm sure my friend did too. I'm happy to know that a new branch is now open in SM North Edsa Annex and thank God for the one opening in UP Technohub where I work! 









No comments:

Post a Comment