Saturday, October 20, 2012

Legazpi, Albay - Biggs Diner


While exploring Embarcadero de Legazpi, me and my friend stumbled upon Bigg's Diner.        
The place caught our attention so we decided to have our late dinner there. That's when I only knew that it's Bicol's largest and most popular fast food chain which started in Naga City and spread throughout the rest of the country.


Bigg's adapted the diner concept which serves typical American foods such as Hamburgers, hash browns, pizza, all things fried, grilled and the likes; at the same time showcasing Bicolano and other Filipino cuisines.
The design is inspired by posh retro vintage. makes me want to go back to the 60's and 70's. It's all about checkered flooring, antique toys, paintings, collectibles and wallpapers of famous personalities.





I was too tired to eat that night so I just ordered the Pepperoni Pizza Bread (P47.00) and  Creamy Macaroni Salad (P55.00). The salad actually tastes good, It suited my palate. Not too bland, not too sweet. Just right. I was glad to order the bread, it's so cheesy and full of flavor. Pizzas never really disappoint me. Good thing it was toasted just the way I like it.


On our third and last day, we visited their branch in Pacific Mall for brunch. I had the Italian Spaghetti Platter (P129.00). I was surprised that the serving size is bigger than most of the local food chains. The chicken is tender and crisp, the pasta is cooked just right. I recommend this for all the kids and kids at heart like me.


Concorde cake anyone? Another first for me. I'd say the flavor is very rich and I love the mousse filling. It's every chocolate lover's dream.


My friend also bought a slice of carrot cake (P49.00) for dessert. I always find carrot cakes interesting, its yummy and healthy at the same time.











No comments:

Post a Comment