Sunday, March 17, 2013

Photo Blog: Mactan Cebu's Sutukil

After arriving at our hotel, we headed straight to Mactan for dinner. At first I thought we're just going to a restaurant called "Shoot to kill". I don't know if it's me who didn't understand at first but my mom keeps on saying  "Shoot to kill". she's been to the place many times so I believed her.

Me and my sister can't get hold of ourselves laughing when we arrived. the "Shoot to kill" our mom is talking about is actually Sutukil, a Cebuano word for a certain style of preparing and cooking dishes, especially seafoods. it is derived from the combined letters Su (sugba or grill), Tu (tula or stew) and Kil (kilaw or eating it raw).


One has to pick and buy the seafoods of their choice, the people in charge will then cook it for them. and voila! Seafood like no other :) only in Mactan Cebu!

The people going in for the "kil"
A heavy-weight pincher
Shellfishes - they scare me!
Sexy looking fishes
Salo Salo Sutukil


No comments:

Post a Comment